SC7 - Secure societies – Protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens
This Societal Challenge is about undertaking the research and innovation activities needed to protect the European citizens, society and economy as well as the infrastructures services, the prosperity, political stability and wellbeing.
The work programme of 2018-2020 focuses on protecting the infrastructure of Europe, security and digital security.
This is translated into the following subjects:
- Protecting the infrastructure of Europe and the people in European smart cities
- Disaster-resilient societies
- Fight against crime and terrorism
- Border and external security
- Cybersecurity, digital privacy and data protection
- Management of cyber-attacks and other risks