About the programme
The roll-out and best use of digital capacities will focus on priority areas such as the Green Deal, support to SMEs and public authorities in their digital transformation and will also provide resources to those activities started in previous programmes, for which the continuations of funding is essential not to disrupt the services provided.
In the first two years of implementation, the activities will be organised around five main strands:
- Deployment of a digital, multi-dimensional replica of the Earth, enabling different user groups to interact with vast amounts of natural and socio-economic information (Destination Earth) as well as other initiatives in support of the Green Deal.
- The deployment and enhancement of the European Blockchain Services Infrastructure (EBSI) set up in the context of CEF Telecommunications Programme (2014-2020), deployment of use cases as well as a regulatory sandbox for Blockchain standardisation.
- The set up and enhancement of a European Digital Government EcoSystem for the digital transformation of public administrations building on projects funded through CEF Telecommunications Programme (2014-2020) and ISA2 Programme (2014-2020). This will be achieved by providing Member States and Associated Countries with a platform of common services for public administrations, by deploying an EU electronic identity system, by supporting the rollout of the ‘once-only’ principle in line with the Single Digital Gateway Regulation, and by deploying an interoperability incubator fostering the deployment of new digital services.
- Support will also be provided for the digitalisation of the European judicial system and consumer protection, health and care and for piloting AI based solutions for law enforcement.
- Building trust in the digital transformation by supporting the sustainability of the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) strategy and the European Digital Media Observatory deployed through the CEF Telecommunications programme (2014-2020).