In the European Innovation Council 2022 work programme four recognition prizes are included with upcoming calls for applications.
- The European Social Innovation Competition with the following two categories.
- The Challenge Prize (open to everyone eligible) with call deadline 17 May (first stage) and 21 September (second stage). This year’s theme is “The future of living, innovation for affordable, and sustainable housing districts” which has a close link to the EU policy objectives of “the Renovation Wave for Europe Strategy”, the European Green Deal goals and the “European Bauhaus Movement”. Three prizes of 50.000 euro each will be awarded.
- The Impact Prize (only open to 2021 finalists) with call deadline 24 May. The theme of last years’ competition was “Skills for Tomorrow – Shaping a green and digital future'. The participants who reached the semi-finals in the 2021 competition, will be judged on the results achieved over the past twelve months. One prize of 50.000 euro will be awarded.
More info on how to apply for the competitions
- The European Innovation Procurement Awards: deadline for applications 22 June
“The European Innovation Procurement Awards aim to recognise public and private buyers, natural persons and those legal entities supporting these practices across Europe in their efforts to promote and stimulate innovation procurement and the innovative ways the solutions are procured. The Awards also aims to demonstrate how innovation procurement positively transforms the economy by not only creating new and sustainable markets, but also by tackling societal challenges such as climate change.” (EIC 2022 WP). There are three categories. In each category a winner will be awarded with 75.000 euro (1st ranked) and one runner up (ranked 2nd) with 25.000 euro.
- Innovation procurement strategy category
- Facing societal challenges category
- Procurement leadership category
- European Capital of Innovation Awards: deadline for applications 30 June
The prize awards cities that boost the local innovation ecosystem and new activities aimed at game-changing innovation. There are two categories:
- The European Capital of Innovation category for cities which have a population of minimum 250.000 inhabitants. The winner (ranked 1st) will be rewarded with 1 million euro and two runners up (ranked 2nd and 3rd) each with 100.000 euro.
- The European Rising Innovative City category for towns and cities which have a population of 50.000 and up to 249.999 inhabitants. The winner (ranked 1st) will be rewarded with 500.000 euro and two runners up (ranked 2nd and 3rd) each with 50.000 euro.
- EU Prize for Women Innovators: deadline for applications 18 August
The prize celebrates women who have founded an innovative company. There are two categories:
- Women Innovators category: three prizes of 100.000 euro each are awarded to the three highest-ranked applications.
- Rising Innovators category (under the age of 35): three prizes of 50.000 euro are awarded to the three highest-ranked applications