SC3 - Secure, clean and efficient energy
The Energy Challenge is designed to support the transition to a reliable, sustainable and competitive energy system.
To make the transition to a competitive energy system, we need to overcome a number of challenges, such as increasingly scarce resources, growing energy needs and climate change.
The Energy Challenge is structured around seven specific objectives and research areas:
- Reducing energy consumption and carbon footprint
- Low-cost, low-carbon electricity supply
- Alternative fuels and mobile energy sources
- A single, smart European electricity grid
- New knowledge and technologies
- Robust decision making and public engagement
- Market uptake of energy and ICT innovation.