SC5 - Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
The Societal Challenge 5 Work Programme focuses on moving to a greener, more resource efficient and climate-resilient economy, with a strong commitment to supporting the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and the targets of the Paris Agreement.
The work programme for 2018-2020 focuses on several priorities in two general calls with many topics and subtopics:
- Building a low carbon, climate resilient future: climate action in support of the Paris Agreement
- Greening the economy in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Circular economy
- Raw materials
- Water for our environment, economy and society
- Innovating cities for sustainability and resilience
- Protecting and leveraging the value of natural and cultural assets (including earth observation, nature-based solutions, disaster risk reduction, natural capital accounting and heritage alive).