ESFRI workshop on the future of research infrastructures in the European Research Area
With the next Roadmap of European Research Infrastructures, foreseen for publication in 2021, ESFRI will end the second cycle of its Roadmaps, comprising the editions of 2006, 2008, 2010, 2016 and 2018. The last two editions have demonstrated clearly how the landscape of research infrastructures in Europe has evolved and matured.
As demonstrated through the work on long-term sustainability of research infrastructures over the last three years, the facilities that have now become operational face very different challenges to the ones early in their lifecycle.
Recognising the nature of these challenges and responding to the invitation of the Competitiveness Council to strengthen its strategic role1, ESFRI started a comprehensive reflection process on the role of research infrastructures and ESFRI itself in the evolving European Research Area.
The objective of this workshop is to discuss with the research infrastructures, thematic clusters and other stakeholders a number of key topics that emerged through this process in a view of preparing a formal ESFRI document in December 2019.
Discussion will take place on the following topics:
- 6 November 2019
- The role of Research Infrastructures and ESFRI in EOSC
- 7 November 2019
- Consolidation of the European Research Infrastructure Landscape
- Promoting effective access to Research Infrastructures
- ESFRI framework for monitoring of Research Infrastructures Performances
- National Research Infrastructure Roadmaps & Funding Models
- 8 November 2019
- Research Infrastructures in the evolving European Research Area. The role of ESFRI
For more information please visit the dedicated event page on the ESFRI website.
The event is fully booked and registrations are closed. In case you are interested to participate but have not managed to register yet, please contact ESFRI: firstname.lastname@example.org.